View all facilities

Decatur Municipal Airport

Image Unavailable
Decatur Municipal Airport, founded in 1915, was the first airport in the state of Texas. It is owned and operated by the City of Decatur and is a public use general aviation airport in Wise County.

Airport Features


The airport, which now occupies more than 205 acres of land is situated approximately one mile north of the city of Decatur’s historical square. The airport operates on an asphalt runway, which measures 4,200 feet in length and 60 feet in width. Decatur Municipal Airport is the oldest non-contiguous airport in Texas and some of their upgrades include a new terminal building, runway extensions and rehabilitation and the installation of an Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS).

Aviation related activities that take place on a regular basis include:
  • Aircraft maintenance
  • Corporate use
  • Flight training and education
  • Recreational flying

Additional Information


The airport also provides several community based services and programs to enhance the health, safety, welfare and quality of life of the area citizens. Additionally the airport serves as a gateway for visitors who use the facility to access local business and golfing opportunities. The airport is open 7 days a week and you can obtain more information by calling 940-627-2855.
Go to Calendar