Employers that have chosen Decatur as their home can point to these reasons for their choice:
- Business-friendly community with support from the city staff, economic development and the chamber
- Lucrative local incentives available based on project scope and fulfillment as a target industry
- Easily accessible location to the Dallas Ft.Worth Metroplex for business as well as entertainment needs
- Excellent educational opportunities directly in the city and closeby with partnering relationships to build and maintain a strong workforce
- Abundance of available, reasonably priced greenfield
- Availability of industrial land with infrastructure
The corporation was first-known in the international aerospace industry for producing precision-intensive graphite products used in highly specialized aerospace applications. Created by Ling-Temco-Vought (LTV) in the Dallas area in the early years, Poco Graphite is now a subsidiary of Entegris. The Decatur operation serves as the industry leader in the production of specialty graphite and silicon carbide products for electrical discharge machining (EDM), semiconductors, biomedical implants, hot glass handling, and aerospace.
United Rotorcraft has built its reputation on a commitment to quality. Their ability to provide vertical integration of industry leading solutions for air operators is unmatched. As a Division of Air Methods, the world’s largest air ambulance operator, they literally have our own internal laboratory with access to more than 450 aircraft across the country. It’s the ideal platform to design, develop, test, and implement industry leading advances in avionics and interiors. If your need is an air medical, military, law enforcement or corporate aircraft interior, if you have a specific mission application, our engineering group can develop an interior configuration that meets your needs. Whatever the need, United Rotorcraft can provide the solution.
Air Evac is the nations largest independently owned and operated air medical service provider. They are a medical transport helicopter based in Decatur Texas, with great employees who are experience, compassionate and love helping out in the community.
Landmark Fabrication provides a full range of services for steel fabrication applications, from consultation, design and engineering assistance to coatings, shipping and field erection.
Their operations include:
- Plasma cutting and contour beveling on one of the largest cutting surfaces in the United States
- Press forming of spherical and double curved shapes with up to 3-inch thick plate on 750-ton equipment
- ASME “U” & “R” stamps, with certificate for work on all alloys
- Ability to roll 12-foot wide plate to precise tolerances for cones as well as cylinders
- Semi-automatic gantry welding of up to 50-foot lengths, as well as specialized welding
- Plant-applied and mobile coatings, with SSPC QP-1 and QS-1 quality certification
- Highly trained mobile crews with a broad range of field erection experience
- Extensive material handling capabilities, with high capacity overhead cranes and drive-through loading and unloading for efficient transfers
Their strategic North Texas location, just north of the Dallas/Fort Worth – Metroplex, provides easy access to transportation routes throughout the country. Their commitment to safety keeps them at the leading edge of best practices. Our expertise with a variety of materials, including stainless steel and aluminum, fills a wide range of requirements for industrial, petrochemical, power generation, government/defense and other markets.
ENERGY WorldNet, Inc. (EWN) has over 20 years of experience providing training, evaluations, record management and consulting services to the energy industry. They first started in 1994 as a Southern Union Gas entity known as ENERGY WorX providing operational and safety training to Southern Union employees and the industry. In 1999, they became an independent company known as ENERGY WorldNet, Inc. with a core focus on Operator Qualifications as required under the OQ Rule (49 CFR 192 and 195), Drug and Alcohol supervisor training (49 CFR 199) and OSHA safety awareness requirements (29 CFR 1910). EWN supports training and compliance requirements for well over 1,000 clients throughout North America, and has supported new regulatory compliance initiatives in Mexico and South America.
Pipeline Plastics Energy Pipe is a PE 4710 high performance bimodal high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe designed for Oil & Gas Gathering, Multi‐Phase Fluids, Raw Water, Brine Water, Coal Bed Methane, Landfill Methane and Leachate. It has superior toughness and resistance to the harsh environments.
Pipeline Plastics PE4710 Industrial and Mining pipe is a bimodal, extra high molecular weight (EHMW), high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe designed for Raw Water, Process Water, Waste Water, Chemical and Corrosive Applications, Mining, Dredging, Slurry, Irrigation, and other Industrial Applications.
Wise Regional Health Systems
Wise Regional Health System formerly, Decatur Community Hospital, was established in 1973 by the City of Decatur as a Hospital Authority to enhance community health care delivery and to address the future health care requirements of a growing community. Today Wise Regional Health Systems is the primary Health Care Services establishment in Wise County.
Imperial Group Manufacturing
Imperial Group Manufacturing a division of Ironform Holdings Company which is one of the largest metal fabricators serving the heavy truck, agriculture, construction, off-highway, bus and industrial end markets in North America. Imperial Group Manufacturing supplies light, medium and heavy gauge precision metal stampings, fabricated components and value-added assemblies and its capabilities include cutting, forming, hand and robotic welding, machining, painting, and assembly.