- Area Information
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its' regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that can propel Decatur's economic growth.
- Decatur has robust real estate offerings and a connected transportation network that fully maximizes its advantageous location in the Dallas - Fort Worth Metro.
- Decatur has an educated and skilled workforce that aligns with target industry needs.
- Decatur continues to be a unique and charming community.
- Entrepreneurs thrive and grow in Decatur.
- Decatur is recognized as a forward-thinking business destination for target industries.
- Decatur has a moderate climate conducive to year round outdoor activities.
- Decatur has an award winning medical health system.
- Streamlined and fast development process
- Cluster of existing companies in target industries
- Proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex without all the traffic and other hassles
The City of Decatur completed its bond sale Tuesday, receiving $33.6 million for capital improvements. The Decatur City Council approved the sale of the nearly $34 million in bonds to pay for a series of projects. Read on...
The Decatur EDC approved an incentive agreement for Entegris POCO Materials to expand its plant in Decatur and add a minimum of 26 jobs in the next two years. Read on...
In January, Texas added 29,000 total nonagricultural jobs, making gains in 20 of the last 21 months. For the month, the state exceeded the previous record employment level set in December 2021. Read on...
“We had a lot of choices when we were looking to relocate our corporate headquarters from Colorado, and Decatur has proven to be the best option for us. It was close to a major airport, but still a good environment for our employees’ families. The Decatur folks worked overtime to locate a piece of property and arranged a sale lease back with a local developer that got us exactly what we needed.”
– Michael Clark, CEO, H2X Hydroexcavation
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that are propelling Decatur's economic growth.
Read more About Decatur