- Area Information
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its' regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that can propel Decatur's economic growth.
- Decatur has robust real estate offerings and a connected transportation network that fully maximizes its advantageous location in the Dallas - Fort Worth Metro.
- Decatur has an educated and skilled workforce that aligns with target industry needs.
- Decatur continues to be a unique and charming community.
- Entrepreneurs thrive and grow in Decatur.
- Decatur is recognized as a forward-thinking business destination for target industries.
- Decatur has a moderate climate conducive to year round outdoor activities.
- Decatur has an award winning medical health system.
- Streamlined and fast development process
- Cluster of existing companies in target industries
- Proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex without all the traffic and other hassles
Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order (GA-34) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent. Read on...
Many local cities saw sales tax collections surge through January when compared to 2020. Decatur’s sales tax payment jumped from $336,026 in March 2020 to $380,070, a 13.10 percent increase. Read on...
Another business is planning to set up shop at Eagles Landing Business Park in Decatur. The Decatur EDC board last week approved an agreement with Aqualine Inc., a California plumbing and irrigation equipment distributor. Read on...
“We had a lot of choices when we were looking to relocate our corporate headquarters from Colorado, and Decatur has proven to be the best option for us. It was close to a major airport, but still a good environment for our employees’ families. The Decatur folks worked overtime to locate a piece of property and arranged a sale lease back with a local developer that got us exactly what we needed.”
– Michael Clark, CEO, H2X Hydroexcavation
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that are propelling Decatur's economic growth.
Read more About Decatur